Monday, February 25, 2008

when did I age 11 years?

So, I ran down to the metro bar before my lunch classes began.
It is perhaps one of the most irritating establishments I have ever stepped foot in, and that isn't good since I haven't been
frequenting this bar very long.
The barman is a little twirp with unpleasant facial hair who after making me three coffees suddenly thinks we are friends.
The cashier has a salt and pepper mullet, an earring, and speaks with a lisp. He calls everyone "Bella" and "Bello." He wears Moon Boots.
I don't know you, and I don't want to know you, thus I don't want you
calling me "Bella" every time I have to pay for something. It annoys the fuck out of me.
Today was just great. It was a day any woman would kill NOT to have.
Now, let me just anticipate that presently in particular I look like death warmed over.
I have had a constant fever since Sunday, and since I have no contract at work if I
am ill I don't get paid. That's that.
So...that means rain or shine (unless the Grim Reaper is waving at me through the
balcony doors) no matter how I am feeling I get my ass out of bed and I go to work.
Today, feverish and feeling icky, I went.
Back to the bar: There was some stupid 80s song on the radio while I was paying for my food, and I commented on how old it was. Mulletboy smiles at me and says "Oh, I know bella...but it is such a great song. I mean we grew up on this, right?"
I cleared my throat...."Exactly how old do you think I am?"
"Why, I think you're my age, what...42"
I had one of those Scrubs scenes play out in my head: Kaya leaping over the counter to strangle
him with bare hands.
Instead I opted for making him feel embarrassed.
"Really, why I thought you were 50. How about that?! By the way, I just turned 31 so when
this song was popular I was barely out of diapers. Have a nice day, bello."

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be going back to this bar any time soon.
And I assure you all that I do NOT look 42. I do not look 36. I may look 33 on a day I
don't sleep well...but 11 years older....no, I don't think so. Noooooooo.

1 comment:

Chicago said...

You do not look 42 at all. You are a young stunner!