Wednesday, December 12, 2007

it just doesn't seem fair

I don't know.
I have really had one of the worst months of my entire life.
And tomorrow...tomorrow is the first of two exams which might change my
life forever.
Statistically I don't stand a chance in either one, but I have been studying an average of
5-7 hours a day (and sometimes more!) to prepare for this wicked test which will surely
be everything I am NOT expecting.
As I review the tome that is my textbook and copy over and over again the quiz questions
( I swear if I have to number sheets of paper any more times I am going to lose it), I wonder
where the justice is.
The justice, my friends, is LONG gone. It took a bus to Cali and never looked back.

Is it fair to study for hours on end, day after day, all to prepare for a 30-question
multiple-guess exam???? People...my textbook is over 1000 pages and I have been
trying to memorize close to 2500 quiz questions...and the exam they will give will have
30.
Thirty. I can write it all I want but it doesn't get better. THIRTY.
Thirty questions and an oral exam away from a possible job and financial security.
Too bad I have a 0,3 percent chance of making it on the list within the numbers they want.
Jeez. I'd open a bottle of Jack right now and call it a night, but I fear waking up tomorrow shy 3 neurons and they just might be equivalent to about a 200-question loss and I can't afford that.

Speaking of drink, I saw a guy today on the bus drinking white wine out of a box. It was
11am. Boy, you know you have a problem when you find yourself on public transport mid-morning drinking something that tastes like wet newspaper.
Guess I'm better off than I thought.

And to put the cherry on the shitcake, a man older than my own father has been hitting
on me for weeks now. Today he gave me perfume and a Christmas card in scribbled, very poor
English. I don't know what's worse...being courted by a man twice my age or the insinuation that I stink. Perhaps he was trying to get "personal." It severely failed and only succeeded in scaring
the living hell out of me.

I need a vacation.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That test sounds arbitrary and horrendous. I hope it goes well and is over soon!