Thursday, December 20, 2007

i'm so damn tired

Cry in front of a man and 9 out of 10 times he'll fall in love with you.
Of course it depends...but if he has had any feelings for you whatsoever
and if he EVER entertained the idea of being with you, if you shed
even one single tear in his presence it's over. Whether you want him or not,
he will begin thinking incessantly of you.
A man has an incredible need to "save" a woman and he feels obliged,
if you are or seem unhappy, to make you feel like there is "something better"
out there and usually that that "something" is him.
It is generally untrue...we do not need a man to save us, nor are we searching for
something "better."
But what is true is the need for us to sometimes feel understood and accepted,
no questions asked. To be able to say something at face value and NOT have to
explain away the under-meanings.
I don't even know what I am trying to get across..
All I know is I shed a few tears in the supermarket today (HOW PATHETIC IS THAT??!!!)
mainly because I just cannot take the pressure anymore. There I was in frozen foods with tears streaming down my face.
And poor Lorenzo was witness. He is the sweetest guy in the world...a proper gentleman and a sensitive soul...an intelligent man who is content with working at the market, despite his business
degree.
Yes, that is how bad the job market is here. People with business degrees work in supermarkets and
are lucky to have a fixed job.
But I digress.
Lorenzo looked at me with those puppy eyes and said "Hmm..I've never seen you sad before,
and I wonder what has caused it. I'm sorry...if there's anything I can do..."
If there only were....
But there it is. He stared after me as I moved into the next aisle...and I knew. I had unknowingly
caused him to think of me.
As if I don't have enough problems already.

No comments: