Saturday, December 8, 2007

dreams

I have several recurring nightmares. 2 nights ago I had one.
This particular dream I have about once a month, and I can't connect
circumstance to event but it is often triggered by anxiety regarding my studies.

In this nightmare I am informed that while investigating old files, the high school district discovered some discrepancies and it turns out I shouldn't have graduated. I am ordered back to high school (at 30!) and not to some evening recuperation program...I am enrolled in the full-time program with all the teens!
There I must pass a few courses in order to fulfill the requirements and regain my status as a "graduate."
SO there I am, roaming the school in heels and trying to figure out where the hell I have to be and when. This is the worst aspect of it all...I am constantly confused about which period it is, where I have to be, and the school is absolutely ENORMOUS and I can never bloody find
where I need to be going.
When I actually do make it to the right class, I am told that I have several absences, I haven't turned in homework, and if I don't make all this up I will fail, meaning I have to attend ANOTHER semester!
It is truly awful, as it is also in direct contrast with how I actually was back then (a total nerd who was NEVER late and averaged A's).
Though often in a mental daze, this time around I do seem to be popular and
rather liked. But then again it might be due to the fact that I am wandering the halls in tight skirt-suits and Gucci heels.
Hormonal teenage boys tend to respond to that sort of thing.

Another dream I have been having much more frequently is a tad more bizarre.
I am forced, in one way or another, to change trains or subways or trams. So there I am, running from platform to platform, and as soon as I get on, I discover that I am on the wrong means of transport and immediately struggle to get off. I rush around as well, as one train is generally arriving right when
I am getting off the other. Tracks are a constant in these dreams as is a feeling of general disorientation.

Last night I also dreamt of Shay. If you're reading this, though I know you aren't, thanks...it was nice of you.

Back to my studying.

No comments: