Thursday, March 27, 2008

what's up

I think Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt should be tarred and feathered. I have never seen The Hills, nor do I care to, and for once I actually thank Italian television for sparing us at least that sad portrayal of "fake reality entertainment" (since we already have X-Factor and we're on the...what is it now...EIGHTH edition of Big Brother). I mean come on...they've even stopped with Survivor and The Farm why go on with this torture??!! This is why when my television is on, it's either a dvd or a documentary.
Those two just look like people that I would set aflame within 5 minutes of meeting them. Can there be a more plastic, shallow couple? What is going on in LA?! And Kim Kardashian? Aside from having an ass like an ottoman what is it exactly that this chick does?
Christ.
Speaking of, Easter came and thankfully went. Weather was crap, my in-laws' cooking was crap. Easter is a holiday I have always loathed. Mainly because when I was younger I was dragged to church in frilly, pink dresses and ribbons in my hair and I almost always froze my ass off. Not to mention my parents generally went to the 7:30am Mass. That was fun, especially when I had to get up at 7 on Saturdays too to attend Polish school. God my life sucked.
So only good thing was once I left for college, I finally stopped the tortuous cycle of having to wake early and sit through service, of which the highlight was my thinking about sex or where to get a cool pair of go-go boots.
Luckily I haven't willingly seen a church in 12 years, and have only been guilted into going a handful of times when I have visited the folks.
Don't get me wrong, I admire persons of faith. I just never had any and so I don't really see why I have to live a lie. For someone who doesn't believe...take it from me, since I have a lot of experience...being forced to attend Mass is the purest form of torment. And since the Roman Catholic church has always been an expert on afflicting misery and woe, it is actually rather appropriate.
But enough on religion.
Well, I better go and get studying. All should end in a couple weeks, one way or another. And then in some rudimentary form I will get my life back.

No comments: