Sunday, October 26, 2008

makin' love on the heath

That was just to get your attention. Though a great line in an excellent Faithless song it is.
Attention...something that my erratic and sporadic posts have not captured, at least of late. Then again, I haven't had a whole lot to say, especially recently. My life has been "on hold" now for a year. And by life I mean all the things I love doing outside of work. I have had to suspend my hobbies, except for running, because for one reason or another I passed a year
studying, dealing with bureaucracy and the legal system here, and in general trying to keep what little sanity I have left.
So, I have what seems to be just one more hurdle ahead. At least in terms of what I can effectively do. Whilst I toil away into the late evenings studying literature, history, and language, I feel grateful that I can afford the time, and that even if forced to study something, I am at least not obliged to give exams in physics, math, and chemistry. That would have been a riot.
All the immediate madness should finally be over by the end of the year. And what a year it has been.
So for the moment I am very, very busy. Between working and trying to get through a year's worth of material in 2 months, I have my hands full. Yet, something has returned to me that I haven't possessed in a while: hope. My heart is hopeful that all will turn out as it must, which may not necessarily be how I want it, but I am serene enough now to accept the final decision, whatever it may be. I'll just have to be patient enough to sit it out. I waged my battle, there is little more I can do.
I am looking forward to the "end" of this all, because in January I would like take up my reading once more, my music history studies, and that novel I began writing is still there, waiting for me to give new life to my characters. I am undecided whether to embark on a new instrumental adventure, and if so...what? The guitar? Go back to the piano or the cello?
I'll decide, in due time.
I can already taste the freedom...it's almost over. As they say in French and at the end of the movie L'Haine...jusq'ici tout va bien.

No comments: