Monday, January 21, 2008

well folks

It was a rough week back, given my horrendous return trip from the South Pole
and jet lag...but I made it here to another Monday. I am tired as hell, this weekend was spent mostly cleaning, putting 7 loads of laundry away, and translating documents for the people who enjoy making my life hell, the Italian government.
I have a lot to study this week, and am still trying to get used to sleeping during "normal" hours. I fall into phases during the day that a narcoleptic would be proud of. The worst time is about 2 pm...my eyes slowly start to close and before I know it I am pinching myself to stay awake.
One good thing has come of my getting away. I have returned mentally relaxed, and quite apathetic. Which compared to my mental and physical state of being a month back is quite the step in the right direction. Now all I need to do is study, keep my fingers crossed, and lay low for the next 2 months. In April my life starts to gain a semblance of "normality" and that is nevertheless saying a lot, for my standards anyway.
Pictures very soon and I am entertaining the idea of writing my travel diary online, but the more I ponder the less I want to face the task.
We'll see. For the moment, looks like smooth sailing.
Holler at me.

No comments: